Ikonographia. Stories through images.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Ikonographia tells stories through the power of images, graphics, and beyond including photographs, advertisements, prints, and vintage memorabilia in curated collections surrounded by all available context, including historical background and transcripts. Read the stories.
Ikonographia provides a unique lens into American and international popular culture showcasing the work from the greatest or less known illustrators, photographers, designers, with a focus on 20th-century advertisement.
With images being at the heart of Ikonographia, we care deeply about their quality. Images are either original photos, reproductions from original prints, or sophisticated restorations of existing digital files. Most images, along with memorabilia, are available for purchase in high-resolution.
Sep 23, 2021
This is the third episode part of “Plastic Girls,” a forty-year project by the Italian photographer Roberto Bigano documenting mannequins. All the pictures were taken in Spain from 1980 and 1997, with 35mm cameras.Read More
Jun 20, 2021
This third episode about Bugatti Automobili showcases the various models of EB 110 and EB 112. A collection of striking pictures, many of which unpublished, including the very first Epowood model with the covered wheels.Read More
May 18, 2021
Once the factory was made, the car had to be built. Follow us in this second episode on Bugatti Automobili, a behind the scene journey in the various design phases that led to the new Gran Turismo’s birth. See all the men and women who built the EB110.Read More
- Glamorous and provocative vintage Spanish mannequins. 1980-1997
- Bugatti EB110, First Model, Prototype, EB110 Supersport, EB112
- EB110GT. The Making of a Dream Car at Bugatti Automobili
- United States of Mannequins: a view into shop windows through the 1980s
- US Bald Eagle Emblem in 1930s Art Deco Architecture
- American Streamlined Trains. Striking Ads of the 1940s
- The Great Adventure of Bugatti Automobili 1990s